Your vision is ambitious. Just like ours.
Our people are our success. As one of us, you will contribute to engineering excellence for the high-tech markets of the future, including semiconductors, batteries, pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, and data centers. At Exyte, you will be part of a global community of challenge seekers who are ambitious and passionate about innovation. Together, we will build on our company’s long history and keep on leading the way to a better world.
Discover your exciting role
The Senior VDC Coordinator is responsible for leading the development of a Building Information Model (BIM) for multi-disciplinary projects. As the primary point of contact for VDC on the project, the VDC Coordinator interfaces with the entire team to ensure alignment to the BIM Execution Plan. The VDC Coordinator provides the project team with necessary model collaboration, automation, and management support.
Explore your tasks and responsibilities
- Creates the BIM Execution Plan in collaboration with the Design Manager and Discipline Managers
- Manages model exchange between all parties within the company’s governance on the project
- Ensures any changes in building orientation and coordinates are captured with all internal and external project parties, regardless of authoring software
- Creates and maintains the Project Navisworks Federated Model for Clash Detection, Viewpoint Management, and Search Sets. Develops and applies clash report template, including clash batches
- Leads the weekly Clash Detection meetings, dispositioning of all clashes and elevating non-resolved issues to the Discipline Manager and Design Manager as needed for resolution
- Elevates all software and hardware support issues to IT Department or VDC Manager
- Maintains all CAD template files and general live template models
- Initiates and maintains PDS creations
- Maintains Project Requirement Instructions for project deliverables
- Point of Contact for all CADD and BIM request from internal and external clients
- Performs Quality Control review on drafting standards for all published sheet files included as deliverables
- Configures and administers collaboration accounts for all project parties, including project and folder setup, permissions management and file synchronization
- Other duties as assigned
Show your expertise
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture, Architectural Technology or related field preferred
- 3+ years of experience as a designer or BIM Coordinator Or
- 5+ years of experience in a CAD/BIM position at an AEC or Engineering consulting firm
- Advanced user of AutoCAD, Revit and Navisworks Manage software
- Ability to guide multi-disciplinary teams in the pursuits of solutions while encouraging creativity, innovation, and continuous improvement
- Exceptional presentation skills for internal and external customers
Our people are the corner stone of our success, and I believe one of the most important investments we can make is to care for their well-being.
Get more than just a job
Engineer World Changing Facilities
Health & Well-being
Environment of Excellence
Commitment to an Incident-Free Workplace (IFW)